August 21st and 22nd
Join us at Port Farms for this unforgettable experience! On August 21st and 22nd, we’ll watch the sky fill with butterflies! The release will take place at noon and 4:00 PM.
Reserve a spot to release your own butterfly! We’ll have butterflies available for purchase online and at the door while supplies last: $7.95/each.
Nature’s message was always there and for us to see. It was written on the wings of butterflies.
-Kjell B. Sandved
*Butterfly sales are while supplies last.
*A Port Farms general admissions ticket is required to enter the farm, this is NOT an admission ticket.
*Butterflies come in special packaging. All efforts are made to ensure their safety and livelihood.
• The butterflies we will have will be Painted Ladies! They will be coming from a small butterfly farm in Massachusetts called Butterflies & Blueberries!
• They are the most widely distributed butterfly in the world. Painted Lady adults can cover up to 100 miles per day & reach a speed of nearly 30 miles per hour.
• Think NEW & FRESH when you see any red spots on the envelopes. This is NOT blood! This is a sign of brand new butterflies – the red liquid is meconium. It is excess fluid that was not used during wing formation.
• Upon arrival & check in at admissions, you will receive a ticket to redeem your butterfly at the pick-up station, located by the Flower Fields.
• You are welcome to release your butterfly at your leisure, or partake in releasing your butterfly during our big release happening at noon and 4PM August 21st and 22nd!
Have FUN & make sure to get photos with your butterfly & the flowers – & tag us!